Samplers Yesterday & Today, Zine Issue One, Summer 2018
Here it is -- the inaugural issue of Samplers Yesterday & Today, a zine for modern sampler makers. Included in this 35-page issue:
- What is a Sampler?
- The Margrethe Sorensen 1873 Reproduction Sampler (chart included)
- Grandma Carmen's Honey Cookies
- Inspired by Garbage: Coke Bottle Vase
- Paulette Stewart: Creating Samplers with All Her Heart
- On Merit: An Exclusive Sampler Design by Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers
- Growing Your Sampler Book Collection
- Sampler Stitchers Gallery
This issue is available only as an Internet download -- you can read it on your favorite electronic device. Or print it all out. Or just some of it.
Enjoy! This was a lot of fun to create.