Samplers Yesterday & Today, Zine Issue Two, Fall 2018
Another zine is hot off the press -- Issue Two has got great information and projects:
• An article about and a reproduction by Karen DiStasio of Samplar Sisters
• The Ubiquitous Tomato -- a craft project to make your own tomato pincushion by Carolyn Johnson
• The Mary Atkinson Sampler Project: an interview with Kathleen Littleton of Cross Stitch Antiques
• Breeze Blocks Sampler -- a quirky 1950's take on samplers celebrating mid-century architecture
• "A Pincushion for Eleanor" -- a motif pincushion re-charted from an antique sampler in Theresa's collection
• A new Sampler Stitchers Gallery with smiling faces from near and far along with gorgeous samplers
• And more!
You get THREE (count 'em) cross stitch/sampler charts in this issue and a craft project, along with historical information and interviews with folks who love samplers.
This is a PDF download, which means you will not receive a printed copy of the zine. It's the best way to keep costs down while keeping content plentiful. You can read on your laptop, desktop, or hand-held device, or print the zine out and read in the tub.
Thanks as always for your support, and if you'd like to participate in the next zine, send me an e-mail -- firstname.lastname@example.org.